Following months of proofs and corrections, there’s light at the end of this tunnel. As like the synopsis of the book, editing can take on its dark days, but there’s hope that things will turn out right.
Last Friday, I sent in the last of the corrections. The next stage included having the electronic book turn electronic, in other words converted to an eBook format for Kindle. Then on schedule having the electronic copy sent off to the printer, for you guessed it, book printing!
Over the weekend, I worked on home projects while trying to keep my mind from wondering if the electronic copy got submitted to the printer. I figured it wouldn’t be until today, however, excitement hides logic. I learned this afternoon that indeed, the book became suitable for Kindle and that the book headed to the printer this afternoon. I also found out that a few minor errors received correcting. I guess they didn’t cease upon my approval.
Now I wait for less than two weeks. During this time, I have plenty to keep my mind occupied including completing the Iron Idleman month long competition at my YMCA and working on other projects at home. I plan to start gearing up for my first book signing events. I do know, my excitement hasn’t stopped building and very soon I can say that I’m a published author.